Wednesday 7 May 2008

Pins and Watermarks


I made this card a while back now, thought I had posted it but hadn't. I probably thought there wasn't much point in posting it as it was very similar to a couple of other cards I had done, but I'm a bit thin on the ground post wise, so I'm posting it now none the less.

I have seen people using very elaborate pins on their cards and being the jealous loon that I am, I also wanted to use a pin... but I haven't got any. Then my mum sent me one of those wheels of pins with the coloured balls on the end of the pins - you know the type? All of them gold. So when I made this card and tied the ribbon in a knot, I put a pin through the knot and I was very happy with the result (even though you can't see it very well in this photo LOL!!)

I also spent an entire WEEK. A week!! Not an afternoon, or a couple of mornings - A WEEK, trying to make my own watermark. I followed some pretty simple instructions on how to do it and hey presto! I managed it... ONCE. Now I can't fathom how to do it again, so I have given up on the whole watermark phase. When I have some spare cash/time I will either pay someone else to do it... or find the time to sit down quietly to teach myself how to do it (again). In the meantime, this is the only card project I have that actually has my watermark on it!!

I use Adobe Photoshop Album 2 to edit my photos (OMG I can hear you all saying, no wonder!!), but I can't afford expensive photo editing software at the moment, especially at my level, and as far as I can see there is no button or thingamajig to actually let me add a watermark if I had one anyway. So until I get a better software programme, PC, camera and the whole nine yards, I'll just have to run the risk of someone thinking that my work is worth stealing in the first place (the words chance and slim are springing to mind)...

When I gave this card to the girl who had asked me for it, she took the pin out and said she couldn't send it through the post otherwise...

Thanks for stopping by..

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Oh my! This is too cute! I love the undies!

Cassie said...

cute! love the pin - I like them without beads and all too!
I've struggled with the watermark thing too! I created it, saved it and then I open it and just drag it over my photo. But I'll be honest, sometimes it works with just the "text" and sometimes I get the background with it. Here is the video tutorial I used. I don't have the same software he has but I was able to use it as a guide. Maybe it will work for you too:
http://www.stampinkub.com/tutorials/tips/watermark.html

Ila said...

Your card is Fabulous!! Too bad she had to take out the pin...for mailing...it was a lovely accent.
Your watermark looks great!!...and your creations are wonderful!!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Abi email me what you are hoping to get out of a watermark and I am sure I can help you out...NO CHARGE...they don't take long for me to do since I have done so many! Just shoot me an email I would be more than happy to see if I can help you out!

Your card is so cute, pin or no pin! :)

Anonymous said...

Stunning - love that stamp! TFS! xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Abi! Hope you don't mind, but your card inspired me, and I made one similar to it. I have given you credit on my blog with a link to your blog. Thanks, Alison xx