Sunday 6 April 2008

Simple Flower

This is a card I made using the ONLY flower that I possess!


Oh, how I drool over all the primas, and Heidi Swapp blooms that I see on daily visit to all your blogs. They really make my mouth water (sad, I know..)


Whilst on a brief trip back to the UK recently (well 2007) I was able to pick up a pack of ten of these yellow flowers. I love them, but they only had them in yellow and they only had one pack so if I want to add a flower to my cards, I have to make sure the card theme is yellow!


As you all know by now, I don't have any sentiment stamps (are you feeling sorry for me yet?), and so I printed the sentiment using my trusty PC (forgot to measure it accurately, so it's not exactly in the right place) but beggars can't be choosers..


I then added glitter glue to the edges of the flowers to try and hide the fact that this was the only brad I had to attach it to the card. Oh how I long for the sparkly gem brads that the US companies have to offer, in every size, shape and colour. Alas it is not to be. So anyway, this one had to suffice. The patterned paper is from K&Co.


All in all, I had no idea how I was going to bring this card together when I started and so I am really pleased with the end result.


Thanks for stopping by..

1 comment:

Courtney said...

This card turned out beautiful!