Friday 12 March 2010

Cased Sympathy

I cased this card from Faith Hofrichter of Stamping with Markie's Mom fame.  I thought this would make a nice layout for a sympathy card.  I used paper from one of the Artylicious CD's available from Graphicus.  I think it is the Butterly Bliss CD (which isn't all about Butterflies) but I could be wrong!

Flower is from Prina and brad is from my stash.

The sentiment is computer generated and was taken from Amy Westerman's blog 'Heartfelt Greetings'.  It is a poem that she used when a dear family member passed away after a brave battle with cancer.  I follow her blog regularly and it broke me up to hear of his passing.  When she posted the poem I thought it was just wonderful.  Whilst I don't like making sympathy cards, I like to have a couple to hand, as I don't like to rush them when they are needed and I think they require alot of thought to say 'just the right thing', they do for me at least.  I hope Amy will not mind me posing the poem here:

His Journey's Just Begun by Ellen Brenneman

Don't think of him as gone away-
his journey's just begun.
Life holds so many facets
this earth is only one.

Just think of him as resting
from the sorrys and the tears
in a place of warmth and comfort
where there are no days and years.


Think how he must be wishing
that we could know today,
how nothing but our sadness
can really pass away.

And think of him as living
in the hearts of those he touched...
for nothing loved is ever lost--
and he was loved so much
Thanks for stopping by..


No comments: